1. when dave and i poured over a map earlier this week and planned out a tentative route for our upcoming trip!
2. when a random coffee shop guy one table over leaned towards us and said ‘i couldn’t help but overhear…’ and shared with us from his own experiences the best roads to take and the best places to go….. so nice!
3. when my mum played her ukelele for me over facetime!
4. lovely emails from friends & postcards in the mail from italy!
5. that first bite into the first vanilla soft serve ice cream of the summer, dipped in chocolate too!
6. spending plenty of time outside of the house :)
7. packing up photos for people and sending them off in the mail! (one of the best feelings ever!)
8. being old school and actually renting a movie, and then rushing to return it before it’s due, just like the old days!
9. the sound of the clanking of ice cubes in a summery drink! (lemonade’s been my fave this week!)
10. when i fell asleep on dave’s shoulder on the long car ride home after laughing way too much….
I read somewhere that most people use writing as a way to vent out all their feelings of frustration and very rarely to document and remember all that good stuff that can fall between the cracks… I think it’s true and it’s completely counter-intuitive because I think we all know that the more time we spend dwelling on the good stuff, the better we feel and the less the bad stuff affects us…. so what memories, big or small, from this past week bring a smile to your face? Grab a post-it and jot down ten things and post it by your desk, I bet it’ll make you smile every time you see it! xo, jenn